Re: [Wg-test-framework] ThunderX machines (for the Xen Project OSSTEST Test Lab)

Hi Lars,   I noticed an error in our quotation where we described the R150-T61
as having 10 x 2.5" storage bays.   This is incorrect, it has 4 x 3.5" bays.
The R150-T60 has 10 x 2.5" bays if you want that.

Memory prices have been going up too.  We are going to need to requote you to
clean things up.

I am not aware of any open items/questions.   Lets confirm the configuration
needed.  I am going to assume the 4 x 3.5" configuration of the R150-T61 is
fine.    Further a small HDD and small memory footprint.

Let me comment on that further.  ThunderX has 4 memory controllers and the best
performance is achieved when all 8 DIMMS per CPU are populated.   Historically
the smallest DIMM we used was 8GB.   I am working to get some 4GB RDIMMs so we
can get to 32GB per CPU with all sockets populated.  This will bring your cost
down and meet your needs, I believe.

I can be available to discuss in the AM EST if necessary.   My skype ID is
stevenjwilson9603 if that is convenient.

The only other thing that would be useful to know is when you expect to order
the machines and when do you need delivery.

Regards, Steve

Steve Wilson
Director, Phoenics Tech Center
978 856 0111 (o)