Re: [Wg-test-framework] ThunderX machines (for the Xen Project OSSTEST Test Lab)

Steve,

I am waiting for the updated quote. I am assuming you are waiting for
Julien to confirm?

> I noticed an error in our quotation where we described the R150-T61 as
>having 10 x 2.5" storage bays.
> This is incorrect, it has 4 x 3.5" bays.    The R150-T60 has 10 x 2.5"
>bays if you want that.
Are both machines dual socket?
Is there a price difference between the R150-T61 (4 x 3.5" bays) and
R150-T60 (10 x 2.5" bays)?
I believe ultimately, we don't care about whether the machine has 4 x 3.5"
HDD/SSD bays or 10 x 2.5" HDD/SSD bays.
So we should go for the version which is
A) either cheaper
B) available more quickly

@Julien, can you confirm?

> I am working to get some 4GB RDIMMs so we can get to 32GB per CPU with
>all sockets populated.
> This will bring your cost down and meet your needs, I believe.
That would be great

> The only other thing that would be useful to know is when you expect to
>order the machines and when do you need delivery.
From my perspective everything is ready now, pending is an updated quote
I will ping Julien separately today to make sure he agrees

Best Regards
Lars