Re: [Wg-test-framework] ThunderX machines (for the Xen Project OSSTEST Test Lab)

Hi Lars,

On 02/14/2017 09:10 AM, Lars Kurth wrote:
Steve,

I am waiting for the updated quote. I am assuming you are waiting for
Julien to confirm?

I noticed an error in our quotation where we described the R150-T61 as
having 10 x 2.5" storage bays.
This is incorrect, it has 4 x 3.5" bays.    The R150-T60 has 10 x 2.5"
bays if you want that.
Are both machines dual socket?

Looking at the gigabyte website, both are dual socket. The main difference seems to be the HDD/SDD bays.

Regarding the CPUs, we confirmed that the R150-T61 is using Thunder-X pass 2.0. Is it the same for R150-T60?

Is there a price difference between the R150-T61 (4 x 3.5" bays) and
R150-T60 (10 x 2.5" bays)?
I believe ultimately, we don't care about whether the machine has 4 x 3.5"
HDD/SSD bays or 10 x 2.5" HDD/SSD bays.
So we should go for the version which is
A) either cheaper
B) available more quickly

@Julien, can you confirm?

I would be fine with either one assuming both are using Thunder-X pass 2.x CPUs.

Also, it is worth mentioning that Xen upstream is not currently booting on Thunder-X. There is on-going work to add the support for the interrupt controller (GICv3 ITS). A series is under review on the ML and I am hoping will be present in Xen 4.9. I am in contact with Cavium to figure out what else is missing to get at least a shell prompt in DOM0.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall