Re: [win-pv-devel] XENIFACE not attaching to XENBUS

On 2015-05-20 21:22, RafaÅ WojdyÅa wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've noticed something strange when I was experimenting with
>>> adding new APIs to Xenbus. I added a Store API to set key
>>> permissions and incremented the store interface version as
>>> usual (to 2 from 1).
>
> [...snip...]

says that the maximum number is 64 and there are only 0x28 (40) in

> I think I've got it. We're hitting the other limit mentioned in
> that MSDN page: "The maximum number of characters in a compatible
> ID list, including a NULL terminator after each compatible ID and a
> final NULL terminator, is REGSTR_VAL_MAX_HCID_LEN." This is 1024.
> 1024/40 is 25, but our IDs are longer than that. I guess I'll
> remove the oldest interface versions during testing until some
> better solution is found. : )

I did some more tests and I'm still confused. With the same setup as
above I added the latest PDO revision to XENIFACE's INF file:
XENBUS\VEN_XS0001&DEV_IFACE&REV_00000028
...but it still didn't load. What's weird, registry and the device
manager showed that this ID was indeed registered. It's probably
related to the character limit I mentioned above because when I removed
v1 and v2 interface versions from evtchn, it just started working again.

- --
RafaÅ WojdyÅa
Qubes Tools for Windows developer