Re: [win-pv-devel] rtc timeoffset not being set on TZ changes?

  • To: Nathan March <nathan@xxxxxx>, "win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 08:09:39 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 08:10:06 +0000

Nathan,

  There do indeed seem to be many bugs here:

a)      QEMU (upstream) ignores time updates altogether

b)      QEMU seemingly can’t write to rtc/timeoffset even if it wanted to

c)       The timeoffset is not getting preserved on migrate

  There is one thing you could try though. Windows has an override which makes it treat the RTC as always being UTC. See http://crashmag.net/configuring-windows-7-support-for-utc-bios-time.

  Cheers,

    Paul