Re: [win-pv-devel] Install winpv drivers on Windows7 64 bit

Do you have git installed and visible on your path? The manifest() function
shells out to git to get a list of source files to archive.

> Since I at least have the binaries now, I tried to load them on a
> Winodws7 bit bit DomU running under a kernel debugger (which I think
> implies that codesigning is not enforced). As an additional
> precaution, on the VM I am installing these drivers on, I have also
> imported the certificate into the "Local Computer" cert store under
> "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and "Trusted Publishers".
> However, I am still getting errors installing the drivers. Please see
> attached setupapi.app.log.
>
> Any advice or ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

What does it say in setupapi.dev.log? Can you see any attempt to bind the
driver to the device? AFAICT the certificate warnings in setupapi.app.log
relate to dpinst.exe itself, and they are expected since that binary is not
signed. Thus you will have to click through warning pop-ups when it is run.

  Paul