Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-users] Xen or XCP

> For instance, from what I understand from what I have read, XCP allows
> you to create resource pools.  The part of this I don't understand is
> if one VM can spread across the entire pool or if it will still be
> tied to one piece of hardware in the pool (CPU and Memory as storage
> will be on a NAS / SAN anyways)?

If your storage is on NAS/SAN then yes, you can migrate virtual machines
between homogeneous hosts in the pool, or even heterogeneous hosts (from
the same vendor) if you configure "CPU levelling" appropriately.

<Noobie question> And if I'm not using a nas/san is there a benefit to creating and using a resource pool between homogeneous servers?