Re: [Xen-devel] Network interface problem

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 12:01, Keir Fraser wrote:

> In fact I will need the _full_ boot-time output both from Xen and from
> normal vanilla Linux 2.4.24 (not a vendor kernel!).
>
> Even if this weren't the case, I've quickly learned never to trust a
> bug report until I've personally eyeballed it. ;-)

That is a smart policy. I am sorry I tried to convince you to trust me. :) It
seems that tg3 issue really isn't related to Xen. It really doesn't work
under vanilla 2.4.24 with:

tg3.c:v2.3 (November 5, 2003)
tg3: Could not obtain valid ethernet address, aborting.

While under 2.4.24-grsec it does:

tg3.c:v2.3 (November 5, 2003)
eth0: Tigon3 [partno(BCM95702A20) rev 1002 PHY(5703)] (PCI:33MHz:32-bit)
10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet 00:08:02:f7:c1:fa
tg3: eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps, full duplex.
tg3: eth0: Flow control is off for TX and off for RX.

That is really strange and I will post it to LKML and grsec MLs. Complete
kernel logs differ only in kernel memory usage and cpu speed calculation.

So it seems that I have never tried 2.4.24 vanilla before, only thought that I
did. :)