Re: [Xen-devel] Mandrake-9.1 and Xen..

> I have dual P3/750Mhz box running Mandrake-9.1. I have downloaded
> the Xen/Xenolinux 1.3 stuff and compiled. It comes out that I can't
> the kernel configuration right -- I was able to compile xen-1.2 and
> xenolinux-2.4.24 but when the machine is booted (using a grub floppy)
> it starts boot process and then the box keeps on resetting itslef.
> My guess: xen boots correctly but xenolinux goes haywire.
>
> Can some kind soul give me a copy of '.config' of a correctly booting
> system?

There's a default config (defconfig) in the xenolinux tree.

Just type "make mrproper oldconfig dep bzImage"

['mrproper' deletes the previous .config, 'oldconfig' copies the
default arch xeno config to .config.]

If you want to stop it rebooting if something goes wrong, use the
'noreboot' xen command line option. You should then be able to
examine the error message. Alternatively, connect a serial
console and enable serial output with the 'ser_baud' xen command
line option.

Ian