Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen Roadmap

> Thank you for the roadmap information.  I was wondering if this roadmap is
> just for 1.3, or if it is a roadmap for features and the mapping to which
> release will be done ala the kernel; when a feature is ready, it will be
> added into the baseline?

Features go into the unstable tree when they're ready.

We'll start a release cycle when there's enough new stuff to
warrant it. [The L2 switching and bi-directional console code
might be even be enough to warrant a 1.3 release, but I'd like to
get some of the memory reservation control stuff in their too.]

> It looks like a bunch of features all hit in about 3 months; is that linked
> to 1.3 by any chance?

No, not necessarily.

> My project is dependent on getting the L2 switching code into Xen so I can
> use IPv6. Is this part of the new IO model or something else?  I did not see
> it listed as a planned feature.

The L2 switching code for the current IO architecture is already
written and is simply awaiting integration with the main tree.
This will need to be ported to the new IO architecture when its
available.

Ian