Re: [Xen-devel] Via Cyrix 3 II / CentaurHauls Nehemiah support

> I think it's supposed to be 686 class processor - "uname -mpi" reports
> "i686 i686 i386".  I remember the earlier C3 also claimed to be a 686
> but was missing the cmov instruction gcc apparently assumed to be
> present, so only i586 binaries worked.  However the attached
> /proc/cpuinfo from the new Nehemiah includes cmov, and sure enough both
> i686 kernels and executables are running fine.
>
> Hacking xen/arch/i386/setup.c to allow the chip seems to boot Xen fine
> without the warning.  However adding processor support to
> xenolinux-2.4.25/arch/xeno/config.in results in xenolinux kernels that
> immediately hang starting DOM0 when built for 686, CYRIXIII or VIAC3_2.
> Passing "watchdog" to Xen didn't report any extra help to the screen on
> stalling.
>
> Any thoughts on how I could fix support for this processor please?

What happens if you try to boot an unmodified standard Xenolinux
image? I would expect that you would see output from DOM0 but it will
then panic about an unrecognised CPU type. If you see no output from
DOM0 at all then that is weird.

 -- Keir

> Cheers,
>
> Sean.
>
> --
> Sean Atkinson <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Netproject
>    Press C-c C-c here to receive file transmission
 -=- MIME -=-

--=-XatUKqAoDuY5c0w1CG7Q

Hi,

Now that I've tested the fixed RTL8139 network driver to work on my
laptop, I want to try and demo Xen on a mini PC I have with the same
card.  However it's got a Via Nehemiah CPU, so Xen complains with "Only
support Intel processors (P6+)".

[...]

--=-XatUKqAoDuY5c0w1CG7Q--