Re: [Xen-devel] Python version

> Whoops! I use Python 2.3 for most testing, so these backward
> incompatibilities tend to creep in.  Python earlier than 2.2 we don't
> care about, but 2.2 is used by a lot of distros.  Since we certainly
> want to support Python 2.2 we'll need an alternative to tempfile. I'll
> look into this.

Great - I'm glad 2.2 is to be maintained since it should avoid a whole
lot of bother.  However I didn't want to suggest dropping mkdtemp since
I read that it's more secure than previous methods like mktemp, which is
now deprecated:

http://www.python.org/doc/2.3.3/lib/module-tempfile.html

Perhaps somebody who knows Python better than me would be able to work
around this without having force such compromises into Xen?

Cheers,

Sean.

--
Sean Atkinson <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>