[Xen-devel] DemoCD from March 11th, prob. booting "native" Linuxes.

Hi,

I just wanted to file this as a low-level bug report.  When I try
to boot the 2.4.24 and 2.4.25 Linux kernels (last two options in
the GRUB menu), the boot fails with a kernel panic because there's
some sort of problem with the ram0 ramdisk:
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-1, errno = 2
VFS; Cannot open root device "ram0" or 01:00
I can't tell if the RAMDISK driver is initialized (just before the
loop driver) because the boot sequence scrolls by too fast :^(

Linux 2.4.22 boots fine for me.  It goes without saying all the
XenoLinux options do as well.  It also goes without saying that
Xen is most impressive :^) HTH.

                                        Clemmitt Sigler