Re: [Xen-devel] Xen cpu usage limting

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Brian Wolfe" <brianw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:14:24 -0500 (CDT)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:15:29 +0100

Well, I'm not certain exactly to be honest. the filesystems are nfs
mounted.  the domain that was eating everything up was stuck in a nasty
php infinite loop.
I'll see if I can do a bit more tracking and report back. It may very well
have been a network saturation problem.( gotta locate a few more
compatible cards. and get gig-e backside for the nfs mounts.)

I was also wondering if there is a way to assign a percentage of cpu time
to a domain. Eg guarantee domain 3 gets 25% of the cpu time no matter how
many other domains are in there, or how much cpu time they want.

Also, I assume that xc_dom_control list right most column shows the amount
of time each domain has eaten up?

--
Brian Wolfe           | Phone 1-(214)-764-1204
President,            | Email  brianw@xxxxxxxxxxxx

pub  1024D/73C5A2DF 2003-03-18 Brian Wolfe <brianw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     Key fingerprint = 050E 5E3C CF65 4C1E A183  F48F E3E3 5B22 73C5 A2DF
sub  1024g/BB87A3DD 2003-03-18