Re: [Xen-devel] Xen+coLinux / terminology

Hello Aloni.

I felt that probably there is misunderstanding
about terminology of Xen.

Okay, lets start a private lesson from a bad student.

  Xen        --- Host OS. Modified version of Linux.
  Xeno*      --- Prefix for Guest OS.
  XenoLinux  --- Linux Guest.
  XenoXP     --- Windows XP Guest. We can not touch it due to NDA.
  XenoBSD    --- Planned BSD Guest name which the Xen team suggested
                 in a their paper.
  NetBSD/Xen --- Actual NetBSD Guest. Why it is not XenoNetBSD?
  XenoServer --- A server which runs Xen.
                 I dont understand why this is not XenServer.
                 probably, most people call it so.

These are right? Professor.
And Aloni, you did understand these definition?

BTW, we have to fix the definition about coLinux term.

what coLinux means? patched vmlinux? or the whole system? or linux.sys?
if it is a whole system, what we call it when coBSD comes?
   "coBSD is one of the guest OS of coLinux total virtualizing system..."
ummm... a bit funny.

            --- Okajima.