Re: [Xen-devel] Xen+coLinux / coXen

Hello Aloni, Hansen.

a lecture of terminology ended.
so far is Okay?
and we can go to actual discussion.

I had been browsing the Xen code and I found that it is not so difficult
to combine Xen( not Xeno) and coLinux. I call it coXen as a working title.
In other words, Xen can run on Windows and unmodified Linux with a little
hack. this means you have four layers.

coXen architecture overview:
 Apps | guest (Xeno) | hacked Xen (coXen) | linux.sys/ko | real host

this architecture increase an overhead comparing from normal Xen, but I
estimate that it is not serious. because most overhead of coLinux comes
from virtual I/O, but Xen already suffers from it.

and the biggest point is, I think this can make very same suspending image
as normal Xen.

and this hack adds isolation. it can solve only fundamental problem of
coLinux -- it lacks isolation between VMs.

is this really possible?, everyone.
I hope your opinion.

            --- Okajima.