[Xen-devel] booting on a Compaq Proliant 1600

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:24:39 +1000
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:23:43 +0100

Hi all!

I'm trying to test Xen on a Compaq Proliant 1600 (P2@350Mhz) but it just
reboots on startup.

It appears to start Xen up okay, then I see Domain0 start to boot and
the last thing I see before the screen goes blank is 'Calibrating Delay
Loop...'. The fact that I see that means that it probably prints 'xxx.xx
bogomips' and then next bit before it actually crashes.

I think the next thing it gets to is the report on available memory and
then a report on the cpu.

I have tried the 'ignorebiostables' option to xen with no luck. I have
also tried both the debian default 1.2 version and the debian 1.3
package available at http://www.terrabox.com/debian/. Both fail in the
same way.

Anything obvious anyone can suggest? Is there a list of supported
hardware somewhere?

Tia

James