From: Brian Wolfe
Sent: Thu 26/08/2004 6:32 PM
To: Ian Pratt
Cc: Rik van Riel; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] ANOUNCEMENT: Debian packages for xen built on 2004-08-19 bk source

I know that heartbeat inside a priv XenLinux 2.6.7 crashes silently. It
fails on locking memory as non-swapable from what I could tell of strace
and whatnot. 8-P

I talked with Adam earlier tonight about taking over the debian
packaging of Xen. Obviously I'll avail myself of his experience in
managing Debianisms. :)

I too used a redhat install in a XenU domain today, as well as in a Xen0
domain. No glitches that I could see while installing packages. Good
luck in finding the cause Rik. :)

I'll wait until the beta is declared before I cut a new set of debs.
Hopefully I'll have nailed a few more XenLinux-Builder features and a
few Xen packaging bugs by then as well. I got my gpg key signed today so
hopefully I can start tossing the debs at Adam to be submitted to the
unstable and then testing archives on the main debian mirrors along with
XenLinux-Builder.

Has anyone here gotten an iSCSI initiator and/or iSCSI target
modules/daemons working on a debian system? If so I'd love to find out
what package and kernel you got them working on specificly so I can
package them up as well. My first encounter with 4 different iSCSI
packages has been less than happy on 2.6.7. 8-/

Brian