Re: [Xen-devel] CKRM port

> Not sure if this is quite what you had in mind tho - this will at least
> initially just allow a hosted guest OS to subdivide its resources
> amongst processes, without any real additional Xen interaction.

Actually I was more interested in letting Xen do a class based
resource allocation among the various domains. AFAIK right now this is
crudely possible (by using the atropos CPU scheduler, some kind of
traffic shaping and/or rate based firewall at the domain0 network
interfaces and static disk partitioning (or dynamic using LVM)).
However, CKRM will allow a uniform infrastructure to handle all kinds
of resources in an integrated fashion.

--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker