Re: [Xen-devel] Documetation - The Phantom Menace

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 10:26:14PM -0500, Brian Wolfe wrote:

> To create your initial system image for subsequent domains, you need to
> use debootstrap package. You then have to hand configure /etc/hosts,
> /etc/hostname, /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/fstab, /etc/network/interfaces at
> the minimal.

BTW, I've written a simple script to do this, it lets you fill out a
configuration template, creates the LVM root volume for the new
domain, debootstraps into it, fixes up those config files and finally
writes a xen config file. Plus I've done a init script that looks for
*.xm in /etc/xen and starts/stops all those as domains.

What's the general feeling about such stuff? Should this go into the
distribution or in the Wiki?

ciao,

cm.

--
** christian mock in vienna, austria -- http://www.tahina.priv.at/~cm/
> www.flamingtext.com
I'd never even heard of that site. I wonder what it'd take to convince
the owner's goverment that they're terrorists? -- Lionel