Re: [Xen-devel] Porting of Guest OS

Amitabh Tamhane wrote:

Thank you for the information!

And yes, I am trying to boot a 2.6 kernel and I am also using the vmlinuz-2.6*xenU in the config file (it was a typo in my last email)

Actually, I was playing with it for a while and could partially boot the guest OS.

The exact error I am getting is: Could not find LABLE=/ and boots in the "repair filesystem" mode.

that's /etc/fstab allright. Change the line that says LABEL=/ to /dev/sda1.
You might also need to remove the line that mounts /boot
For kernel-2.6-based or nptl-enabled distro, you also need to remove /lib/tls and /usr/lib/tls on the domain root file system
(Xen will tell you to do this when it boots).

The guest OS could talk with the outside world but `xm list` command shows state as -b--- (blocked) for the domain I am trying to boot.

Is that what "-b---" means? All my virtual domains shows that, and yet they're working perfectly.

I didn't check the /etc/fstab file, could that be the problem or is it because I am not specifying something properly in the config file?

First glance says your config is allright. You might want to add swap as /dev/sda2 too, though.

Lastly, if you could give me a link to your modified xen-U kernels it would be great.

Try this

http://clamav.or.id/contrib/xen/

All have modules disabled, so you can ignore all messages about kernel modules.

Regards,

Fajar