Re: [Xen-devel] "virtual cluster" debug support

  • To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:23:27 -0800
  • Cc: Xen Developers <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:26:58 +0000

> GET/SETDOMAININFO is used for get/setting the CPU execution state. The
> IN parameteres are used for selecting an execution context, and adding a
> groupid parameter to them is certainly very odd.

Good point. That would lead me to believe that they are slightly
misnamed. Wouldn't GET/SETDOMAINCONTEXT be more apt?

> I don't think the patch should touch xc_linux_build either -- setting
> the groupid is a generic thing that the tools can do after creating the
> domain.

Fair enough. I can easily get carried away with what is most expedient
for me. Which is why I sent a diff and not a patch. I knew it would
come under the knife.

When I check in a file, how do I make sure it stays executable?

      -Kip