[Xen-devel] Re: Welcome to the "Xen-devel" mailing list

This is a try to post a follow-up to the thread "poor domU VBD performance" in
the new newsgroup.
I do not know if this is th adequate way to do so, but I did not find any
information on how to do
so otherwise.

This is a response to "Ian Pratt":

Yes I do the performance testing using dd. It's only a simple "benchmark" but
its results seem to indicate
a fundamental issue. I did the tests with the same partitions from DOM0 just as
DomU. I used both disks
and Dom0 achieved in all experiments 2.5 times the transfer rate of DomU.

I do not know the chipset of my IDE controller on my computer at home, while I
know that in the office it
pas a Promise raid controller ( I am neither at home nor in the office
momentarily ) . I am sure, that the
system was idle during all test ( meaning that there was only the standard
system running with no busy
jobs and no user program consuming CPU or IO resources.

I am very interested about Xen, but I need to fiy that problem.
If there is any "checklist" how to  configure XEN efficiently, I might be able
to fix the problem myself

Thanks

    Peter Bier