[Xen-devel] /sbin/hotplug exec'd lots of times during boot

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 19:43:37 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 02:43:33 +0000

hi,

I just added a printk to do_execve() in xenolinux0, and noticed that /sbin/hotplug is being exec'ed more than a hundred times during boot, and that this happens before /sbin/init is exec'ed.

This is with a version of xen-unstable less than one month old. It is probably a Linux issue, I was just wondering if anyone else had seen the same behaviour, and if this is supposed to happen (these days you never know)? Could it be the USB subsystem is acting weird?

thanks,
Jacob