Re: [Xen-devel] Bitkeeper

Scott Parish wrote:
On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 04:26:47PM -0700, Tupshin Harper wrote:

cd ~/darcs/BK-xen-unstable
~/bin/bk_client-1.1/update bk://xen.bkbits.net/xeno-unstable.bk
darcs add -r *
darcs record -am "merge with bk://xen.bkbits.net/xeno-unstable.bk"

I keep BK-xen-unstable as a clean mirror, updated daily. For dev
work i branch off that, and stay in sync using "darcs pull".
Unfortunately, this isn't granular to individual bk patches, and
renames show up as del/adds.

The advantage to the more manual approach is that you can track renames, but you can probably do that with darcs as well. From what I have heard, the main problem with darcs is that is uses lots of memory when operating on big trees, and that it is a bit slow due to having been written in Haskell. It does seem simpler to use than TLA/Arch however, but Bazaar tries to address that (though I don't think this is an issue once you get used to TLA.)

With the recently announced open source bk client I suppose one could create a script that would automatically track bk changes on a per-changeset basis, including renames.

Jacob