[Xen-devel] what's maximum speed setting for xen network?

For a physical network card, it has a maximum transmission speed such as
100Mb. How about network in a virtual machine? It is a virtual network
card. Is there any speed limit? Or it can transmit as fast as possible? If
so, I guess network transmission happened within a physical host should be
very fast (great than 100Mb). But this is not true in my experiment.
What's the bottleneck then?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Xin