RE: [Xen-devel] JavaRMI and Xen problem

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Williamson [mailto:mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 3:15 PM
To: Dharanikota, Sai
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Ian Pratt
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] JavaRMI and Xen problem

> From the above results it is pretty clear that the problem is the same

> irrespective of how the client and the server are connected. Can any

> body give pointers to my problem? Do I need to do any additional tests?

OK, scratch the network performance as a potential problem then.

Are you running this in dom0 or in a domU?  If it's a domU, how are you

backing its storage?

I am not creating any virtual machines. I am using only dom0.

How do other benchmarks perform in the domain - e.g. Linux kernel compile or

your favourite system benchmark?  Is everything slow, or just the RMI stuff?

I haven’t tested any other benchmarks. But I will give a try.

Do you get the same results with the -testing tree?

I am not using the testing tree.

Cheers,

Mark

Cheers,