[Xen-devel] unregister_netdevice: Waiting for vif7.0 to become free

Hi all,

I was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on what is
happening here. I will outline my setup:

I have seven xen domUs, and one (duh!) dom0 all running a linux
2.6.11.10 locally compiled version of Linux. If needed, I can attach
the the configurations that I have used. Eth0 and Eth1 have both been
assigned to dom0, as well as a created tap1 to hold the domU network.
Each domU has 1 bridged interface onto tap1. Further, each domU has
three LVM partitions as it's backing store onto the disk. I think that
this is all of the relevant details, let me know if you want more :-)
Oh, these linuxes were all built with the xen-testing source tarball
from 2005-05-21.

Anyway, whenever I shutdown my 7th domU (the one with id=7) then I get
the following error:

Message from syslogd@kruimel at Mon May 23 19:20:35 2005 ...
kruimel kernel: unregister_netdevice: waiting for vif7.0 to become free. Usage
count = 1

At this point, my console locks up, although I can still ssh into dom0
and the remaining domUs. Further, after this point no other xen
instance can properly shut down. If I shut down any of the other domUs
first, everything appears to be OK. Also, because none of the other
domUs can terminate, I can no longer reboot the machine, as xendomains
will not terminate.

I would ask this on -user, however, this is clearly an error of some
form, and has led to a DOS for me, as I had tried to remotely reboot
the machine... due to the lack of shutdown I had to physically hard
reset the machine. (alt-sysrq sub) also works.

If I can provide any further information please let me know.

Cheers,
Paul