Re: [Xen-devel] More network tests with xenoprofile this time

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 05:48 pm, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > I have cpu util from polling xc_domain_get_cpu_usage() for
> > both domains, which is (an exerpt from the whole run, in 3
> > second intervals):
> >
> >  cpu0:      [100.4] d0-0[100.4]
> >  cpu2:      [045.1] d1-0[045.1]
>
> OK, so you're confident idle time would be reported OK if there was any.
>
> > > Is the Ethernet NIC sharing an interrupt with the USB
> >
> > controller per
> >
> > > chance?
> >
> > Not as far as I can tell:
> >
> >            CPU0
> >  11:    6764395        Phys-irq  ohci_hcd
> >  24:    6037311        Phys-irq  eth0
> > 260:    1688517     Dynamic-irq  vif1.0
>
> Anyone care to suggest hy ohci_hcd is taking so many interrupts? Looks
> very fishy to me. I take it you're not using a USB Ethernet NIC? :-)

The bladecenters have a shared USB connected to all the blades.  I would
imagine it is the keyboard/mouse or USB CDROM connected to this bus that is
generating all of these interrupts.

> What happens if you boot 'nousb' ?

This shouldn't hurt anything, unless Andrew needs access to kdb or cdrom.

Thanks,
Jon