RE: [Xen-devel] kernel oops/IRQ exception when networkingbetweenmany domUs

  • To: "Nils Toedtmann" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:34:33 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:33:40 +0000

> Am Mittwoch, den 08.06.2005, 16:01 +0100 schrieb Ian Pratt:
> > You might want to compile the kernel with
> CONFIG_FRAME_POINTERS to get more accurate call traces.
> >
> > I'd also add some printk's to the 'unusual' paths in
> netback.c:net_rx_action, such as the memory squeeze path.
>
> ? (have no clue about kernel programming. I'm only good for
> panicking kernels ;)

CONFIG_FRAME_POINTERS is just a case of using 'make ARCH=xen menuconfig'
to change the option. printk is just like printf.

> > It's also worth building Xen with debug=y and connect a serial line.
>
> That'll be some work ... i'll do so if there is interest in
> this bug and if somebody else can confirm that "ping -f -b
> $BROADCAST_IP" on xen-br0 kills dom0 when there are enough domUs.

We'd certainly like to fix it, but its fairly obscure and hence not
likely to get immediate attention unless you can give us a bit more
help.

Thanks,
Ian