RE: [Xen-devel] bitkeeper gone in 2 weeks - which RCS?

  • To: "Rik van Riel" <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:45:28 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 19:44:33 +0000

> Since bitkeeper will become unusable for most of us in 2
> weeks, I'm wondering what revision control system Xen will be
> using by then.

We've been expending a lot of effort experimenting with alternatives to
BK...

The current favourite is mercurial (hg). It's just annoying that it
currently lacks renames and per-file checkin comments. The former is
particularly annoying as we'll end up with segmented revision history
for all the linux sparse tree files.

Has anyone on the list got any useful experience to relate on using hg?

Ian