Re: [Xen-devel] VMX device models not getting created anymore?

Mike Wray wrote:

However, if I subtract -1, everything magically works :)

Having to add or subtract 1 to make something work is almost always
not the right way to fix a problem - because it dosen't address
the real issue.

You probably missed the smiley :)

I think the quick fix is to redefine IOPACKET_PORT to be 3. Will send a patch to remove the hard coding ASAP.

That's not the fix. That just replaces one hard-coded constant with another, when it shouldn't be hard-coded at all. It's going to break again if any other interdomain
port is allocated.

The port to use should be passed to the domain as a parameter.
This is what is done with the domain controller port,
and the xenstore port.

Yes of course, I promised to send a patch as well. The quick fix was for those who couldn't wait.

The correct fix is to add the device model port as a parameter to
xc_vmx_build. In fact this already has control_evtchn as a parameter,
but ignores it - so you could use that. You could probably re-use
the start_info field for it too as vmx domains don't seem to be using
the control channel otherwise:

The problem is that:

self.construct_image()
                xc_vmx_build()
self.configure()
                self.image.createDeviceModel()

The event channel hasn't been created at the time of xc_vmx_build().

        -Arun