[Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Transparent paravirtualization on Xen/ia64

Hi Haavard --

Xen/ia64 sources are still in transition to hg (mercurial)
and there's a backlog of patches.  Probably the best way
for you to get something stable to benchmark is to
use sourcepuller (google for it) to get the bits from
xen-ia64.bkbits.net.  I have not tried sourcepuller
myself but Matt Chapman (cc'ed) tried it.

I hope to get the mercurial repositories up today or
tomorrow, but it may take a day or two to catch up
on the backlog and get everything stable again.

What are you planning to benchmark?  I would be very
interested in comparative results of the same
benchmark on:
1) Linux 2.6.11
2) Transparently paravirtualized xenlinux running as linux
3) Transparently paravirtualized xenlinux running on Xen

Dan

P.S. Let's move this off of xen-devel to only xen-ia64-devel.