Re: [Xen-devel] veth0 stuff in -unstable?

Keir Fraser wrote:

How does veth0/vif0.0 relate to the physical device? Is it just another entirely "virtual" device, or should I be able to take eth0 down, assign the IP to veth0, and have things work?

Interesting - the default network script does assign veth0 on bootup, and everything works great - until I start up a guest domain. Anything I can do to troubleshoot that?

This might have something to do with general networking problems we've
had this week with domU's. Bringing up a domU shouldn't affect dom0's
access to the outside world unless there is some nasty bug. We though
thi sbug had maybe disappeared but perhaps it is still alive and
well. :-(

Nah, a colleague ran into it on yesterday's bits, and I'm
trying to debug.

At least we think it was added this week, so there's not too much
changeset history to wade through.

Sounds similar to a few problems reported in older posts, so I
think it might go back a bit, but if not, that's good to know.

thanks,
Nivedita