Re: [Xen-devel] execve() in reboot.c ?

Rumor has it that on Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 08:48:12PM +0100 Ian Pratt said:

> > > SIGINT
> > >
> > > That's not a good idea though, if somebody put nothing in the
> > > ctrlaltdel action, then it's not going to do anything.
> >
> > But isn't that exactly what we want ?   A userspace configurable
> > way to trigger a system reboot.
>
> I kind of like this approach, but it does mean that we can't distinguish
> between a poweroff and a reboot. Do we care?

yes, I think there's a difference... If I halt a guest I don't expect
it to reboot.

> As I recall, the current approach was copied from one of the other Linux
> architectures.

Could these be new hotplug events? That would get them out to
userspace where they would presumably be configurable.

Cheers,

Phil

> Ian

Philip R. Auld, Ph.D.                          Egenera, Inc.
Software Architect                            165 Forest St.
(508) 858-2628                            Marlboro, MA 01752