[Xen-devel] xen image can not access shared directories being accessed by windows

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:55:28 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:54:00 +0000

Hi,

We have run into a strange issue that we see only on xen images (guest
OSs). We do not yet know where the problem is. Since we are seeing it
only on xen images, I thought I will  run it by this mailing list to
see if anyone has encountered this or if at all this is a known issue.

The scenario is this:

I have

/nfs/myhost/scripts  and
/nfs/myhost/maven

both exported.

A script residing in /nfs/myhost/scripts is executed by both a windows
box and a linux (xen image) box. When windows box starts execution of
the script, the linux box can not do anything on the scripts
directory. In fact any command that is started from the scripts
directory hangs (and can not be killed using kill -9).

So I created two scripts directories -- one for windows and one for
linux. And halfway through the execution of the script, it invokes
maven. At this point we see the same behaviour -- that is, if a
windows build (using maven) is in process, the linux build gets
locked; and can not be killed.

When multiple linux images (all xen images) are running there is no
problem. The problem is only when a windows box accesses a shared
directory.

Help?

Thanks very much
-Hari