Re: [Xen-devel] Status of sedf?

At 07:38 PM 8/9/2005, Stephan wrote:

> > >It was not planed to release the sedf scheduler for 2.0-testing. But as
> > >some people have been asking about that, I might see what I can do!
> >
> > Thank you!  If it's not too much work for you, that would be
> > fantastic!  Although 3.0 is just around the corner, I might hold off
> > upgrading until 3.0.1 due to my bias against initial releases.  :-)
>
> I'm quite busy fixing bugs for 3.0, so I just quickly tried some old diff
> and merged it with the current repository. Compiles, but not sure whether
> it works (esp. control tools).
> Please try it out!
>
> Cheers,
>   Stephan
>
> P.S.: The code contains the most serious bugfixes, but again, it might
> contain bugs!

Sorry to report that the patch didn't work. I applied the patch to my Xen-2.0-testing tree and copied xen/common/sched_sedf.c from Xen-unstable. When compiling xen, sched_sedf.c generated these types of errors:

(1) dereferencing pointer to incomplete type (a lot of these)
(2) `PRIu64' undeclared (first use in this function)

See attachment for the complete list. So Mark is right. The API differences between testing and unstable is significant enough that back porting sched_sedf will involve more work. But thank you for trying!