Re: [Xen-devel] Status of sedf?

At 10:50 AM 8/18/2005, Andy Lee wrote:
> >Sorry to report that the patch didn't work.  I applied the patch to my
> >Xen-2.0-testing tree and copied xen/common/sched_sedf.c from
> >Xen-unstable.  When compiling xen, sched_sedf.c generated these types of
> >errors:

Outch. Now I see... For some reason (forgot to do 'hg add' ) sched_sedf.c
wasn't included. You can't use the unstable one, as it has a different naming
scheme.

Attached is the patch, this time WITH sched_sedf.c

Also missing is xen-2.0-testing.hg/tools/libxc/xc_sedf.c - but this time, I was able to use the xc_sedf.c from the unstable tree!!! :-)

It compiles, but I encountered this problem:

(Xen-2.0-testing)
# xm list
Name              Id  Mem(MB)  CPU  State  Time(s)  Console
Domain-0           0      251    0  r----     14.1
Sarge              1      127    0  -b---      3.1    9601

# xm sedf 1 0 0 0 1 128
Error: (22, 'Invalid argument')

Oops, I placed "sched=sedf" on the wrong line in /boot/grub/menu.lst. Once I fixed it, the above xm command ("xm sedf Sarge 0 0 0 1 128") worked!!!

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  :-)

(Xen-unstable)
# xm sedf 1 0 0 0 1 128
Unexpected error: exceptions.TypeError

Ross McIlroy pointed out the fix.  Thank you also!