Re: [Xen-devel] x86-64's contig_initmem_init

On 30 Aug 2005, at 14:19, Jan Beulich wrote:

Finally I wonder why this first Mb was taken care about, but the
potentially larger area at the end of the initial allocation (which to
my understanding is currently lost, too) wasn't. And I am having the
understanding that the respective memory ranges for i386 are also lost.

x86_64 now completely unmaps low 1MB from the initial mapping area at end of extend_init_mapping(). I don't think any memory is now lost in either i386 or x86_64 (i386 already freed up the low 1MB).

 -- Keir