Re: [Xen-devel] config documentation for unstable?

* Nicholas Lee <emptysands@xxxxxxxxx> [2005-09-07 08:52]:
> Is there any documentation for the config options with unstable?
>
> I'm interested in doing some testing and want to know how to get it
> working with SMP guests.

I believe the default kernel for domU[1] in the unstable tree already has
CONFIG_SMP=y set.

The vcpus value in the domain config file sets the number of virtual
cpus a domain will use.  Xen supports up to 32 virtual cpus, but the
current domU config max is set to 8.  Look at /etc/xen/xmexample1:

# Number of Virtual CPUS to use, default is 1
#vcpus = 1

Setting this value should increase the number of virtual cpus given to a
domain.

You should see the resulting values show up in xm list, and xm list -v

# xm list
Name              Id  Mem(MB)  CPU VCPU(s)  State  Time(s)
Domain-0           0      507    -      2   r----     83.2
debian_sarge_1     1      128    -      4   -b---     21.5
debian_sarge_2     2      128    -      4   -b---     22.7

xm list -v
Name              Id  VCPU  CPU  CPUMAP
Domain-0           0     0    0  0x3
Domain-0           0     1    1  0x3
debian_sarge_1     1     0    1  0x2
debian_sarge_1     1     1    1  0x2
debian_sarge_1     1     2    1  0x2
debian_sarge_1     1     3    1  0x2
debian_sarge_2     2     0    0  0x1
debian_sarge_2     2     1    0  0x1
debian_sarge_2     2     2    0  0x1
debian_sarge_2     2     3    0  0x1

1. xen-unstable.hg/linux-2.6-xen-sparse/arch/xen/configs/xenU_defconfig_x86_32

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx