[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-tools] Re: extremely long xend startup time causing /etc/init.d/xendomains not to run?

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 08:44:40PM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Sean Dague wrote:
>
> >>/etc/init.d/xend stop
> >>killall xenstored xenconsoled
> >>rm -rf /var/lib/xenstored/*
> >>/etc/init.d/xend start
> >>

> >I tried that, and nstartup still has xend in an odd state after about 15
> >minutes.  It looks like a few domains attempted to autostart, but never
> >made it.  I'll compile this into a bugzilla tonight.
> >

> You should try with my latest patches.  Without them, I don't think
> there's much hope that the xendomains script would work on a slower system.
>
> That doesn't mean that I think it will work, but rather that there is at
> least a chance now :-)

Well, that part works now.  My 5 DomU machine now actually starts 5 DomUs on
boot! :)  Thanks Anthony!

Networking is hosed in some way still, but it's been a couple weeks since I
brought this box up to sync so that may just require some fiddling.

        -Sean