Re: [Xen-devel] Unab[l]e to create guest domain on PAE enabled SLES 9 SP2 box, 4GB RAM

On 19 Sep 2005, at 19:45, David F Barrera wrote:

(gdb) bt
#0  0xc02523bd in xencons_ring_send ()
#1  0xc124a7f8 in ?? ()
#2  0x00000001 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000004 in ?? ()
#4  0x00000002 in ?? ()

This isn't a debug build of domain0 -- you need to enable frame pointers under 'kernel hacking' in the kernel configurator, as described in the gdb/README file.

However, I think the problem here doesn;t require you to collect a proper backtrace. It looks like the domU is spinning waiting to send console data to xenconsoled. My guess is that either xenconsoled isn;t running, or it's got itself stuck somehow.

Worth doing a 'ps auxw' in domain0 and see if the console daemon is actually running...

 -- Keir