Re: [Xen-devel] /proc/xen/xenbus supports watch?

On 25 Sep 2005, at 12:02, Keir Fraser wrote:

Yeah, I can live with this, although: What about multiple transactions within the kernel? Do you plan to continue serialising them (e.g., on a waitqueue)? An advantage of mux/demux would be that concurrent kernel transactions could easily use the same mechanism. Your scheme places restart mechanisms in user space, so they're out of reach for kernel transactions.

Also, page-per-connection won't entirely avoid sharing of state/resource in xenstored. At some point we'll want to add per-domain access policy, and space/bandwidth quotas (to prevent DoS). All of those must be shared between the multiple connections of a domain -- so the separate connections aren't as independent as you might like.

 -- Keir