Re: [Xen-devel] 32/64-bit hypercall interface

Hollis Blanchard wrote:
On Friday 30 September 2005 15:05, Ronald G Minnich wrote:

Jimi Xenidis wrote:

KF> When we previously had this, by defining packed structs, there were
KF> plenty of screams that it wasn't ANSI compliant, and that
performance KF> sucks on some architectures.

Tou use a research term, "thats just ka-ka" :)
Packed in no way solves the problem of selecting the appropriate types.

no, it's not ka ka at all. I had huge troubles with plan 9 c and the way
that the linux structs were packed via the use of gcc struct packing. I
am really glad packed went away.

I think you misunderstand: Jimi is also glad. Read again: the packed GCC attribute does not solve the problem.

That figures. I am really sorry it's monday.

thanks

ron
p.s. jimix, whereever you may be, I'm sorry.