Re: [Xen-devel] Now available: xm-test-0.2.0

On Monday 03 October 2005 17:52, Dan Smith wrote:

> We would like some feedback from the community on the usefulness of
> our framework, in hopes that it might be hosted by xensource so that
> everyone can contribute tests to help harden xm and xend.

Building xm-test takes a very long time, because among other things it takes
it upon itself to download and build its very own toolchain. That is
extremely silly; please have it use the existing toolchain instead.

I'm using qemu, so I want to run the tests on a system other than the one I
built xm-test on (building a toolchain under qemu does not sound fun or
necessary). How can I do this? Right now I'm getting obnoxious autoconf
messages like this:
make: *** No rule to make target `../configure.ac', needed by `Makefile.in'.
Stop.
I have exported the tests/ directory to qemu, and am trying to run "make
check".

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center