Re: [Xen-devel] Daily Xen Builds

Ian Pratt wrote:

Is it perhaps wise, nearing 3.0, that we adopt a policy of running the various test suites on code before it gets pushed to the public tree? This seems like requiring passing on xm-test a sane thing to do for the tools related changes. Is there anything that needs to be done to the test suites to make this less painful for the committers?

We've been working towards getting XenRT integrated in our changeset
release system, and are hoping to go live in the next couple of days.
It's a shame we didn't have it for yesterday's hickup, but too bad.

Every check-in will automatically trigger a run of the XenRT 'fast' test
suite. This will result in it being built, booted, and undergoing
various tests (including xm-test). Only changesets that pass on all of
x86_32, x86_32p and x86_64 will be pushed out from the staging area to
the public xenbits.xensource.com repository. The fast test suite takes
about one hour to run.
Excellent!  Thanks Ian.

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help speed this along.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

This should put an end to changesets that have obvious faults escaping
into the wild.
The longer XenRT test suites will still be run on every nightly snapshot
(and reported to xenbits.xensource.com/xenrt)

Best,
Ian