Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen 3.0 for OpenBSD

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 16:26, Nicholas Lee wrote:
> On 10/12/05, Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Actually, what I would like to do is replace linux in xen/linux with
> > OpenBSD.
> > However, that may be too much work. I do like having OpenBSD as my interface
> > to the internet.
>
> I don;t think the OpenBSD developers are that interested [1] at the
> moment in doing this.

I figure if I take this path, I'm on my own, but I am starting to feel like
maybe I could do it. But then I could be wrong too. Only way to find out
is at some point to try. I certainly will learn a lot about the guts of OpenBSD
that way. :-)

> Probably Freebsd with pf/altq a better option on Xen at the moment.
> Its like to have a better performance profile as well:
> http://lists.soekris.com/pipermail/soekris-tech/2005-October/024317.html
>

> [1] http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive2/tech/200501/msg00059.html
>
> --
> Nicholas Lee
> http://stateless.geek.nz
> gpg 8072 4F86 EDCD 4FC1 18EF  5BDD 07B0 9597 6D58 D70C

Tired of having to defend against Malware?
You know: trojans, viruses, SPYWARE, ADWARE,
KEYLOGGERS, rootkits, worms and popups.
Then Switch to OpenBSD with a KDE desktop!!!