[Xen-devel] allocating AGP aperture memory

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Langsdorf, Mark" <mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:30:45 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:27:45 +0000

I'm still working on getting IOMMU support for
Opterons under Xen.

During the boot sequence, Dom0 is finding the
aperture through the AGP controller at
address 0xe8000000 like it should.  During
AGP controller initialization, though, it
fails to reserve the address space because
the necessary pages are PageReserved in the
mem_map.

I'm not sure where the pages are being reserved,
or even if mem_map for dom0 is completely valid,
or if I should be handling this through the
hypervisor.  Any comments or suggestions?

-Mark Langsdorf
AMD, Inc.