RE: [Xen-devel] dom0_shadow=1

  • To: "Gerd Knorr" <kraxel@xxxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:17:55 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:15:11 +0000

> > Is this supposed to work?

I wouldn't rely on dom0_shadow=1 working at any moment in time as its
used for development purposes rather than production. It's usually
pretty easy to fix.

> Oh, and btw, trying to use the "new" shadow code for 32bit
> non-pae doesn't even compile.  Is nobody testing that?
> Wasn't the plan to use the new code everythere some day?
> What is the status of that?

Yep that's the plan. The Intel folks are currently adding guest ref
count log dirty mode to shadow.c, which may well fix it as a side
effect.

As soon as we have the same level of confidence in shadow.c that we do
in shadow32.c we'll switch over for 32b non-pae builds too.

Ian