Re: [Xen-devel] about probing xenbus drivers again

> When i start xend in dom0 nothing happens. Then i use xm create to create
> domain 1. Probe functions of vbd and vif drivers are executed but probe
> function of my driver isn't. Then i try to create some nodes (name of my
> driver is prmigr):
>
> xenstore-write /local/domain/0/device/prmigr hi
> xenstore-write /local/domain/0/device/prmigr/hello hi
>
> And i see that frontend's probe function is invoked.
> The same happens with 1-st domain. But when i try:

Makes sense: for VBDs and VIFs, Xend creates the xenstore nodes that cause the
probe functions to be called.  See
xen-unstable.hg/tools/python/xen/xend/server/{netif,blkif,DevController}.py
for where this happens in the current codebase...

> xenstore-write /local/domain/0/backend/prmigr hi
> xenstore-write /local/domain/0/backend/prmigr/hello hi
>
> Nothing happens.

Can't think of a good reason for this off the top of my head - somebody else
may be able to comment.

Cheers,
Mark